Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: student wireless security model

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:04:13 -0400

Unencrypted, for historical reasons and the range of random devices we
permit. You want security (and greater access), use VPN.
Authentication is via NAC. From the start, we implemented NAC on wired
and wireless networks alike.
We check Windows and Macintosh for automatic OS updates enabled,
antivirus installed and running, and AV updates, too. Or that's the goal ;-)