Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: student wireless security model

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:17:57 -0400

On 8/30/10 12:11 PM, Valdis Kletnieks wrote:
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:04:13 EDT, Cal Frye said:

We check Windows and Macintosh for automatic OS updates enabled,
antivirus installed and running, and AV updates, too. Or that's the goal ;-)

Do you have an actual management client installed on the system to do that
verification, or is that a future goal? :)

Yes, we're using an agent-based system.

--
Best regards
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.oberlin.edu/cit/

"I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so
vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal.
It respects the other person." -- Eduardo Galeano.