Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: student wireless security model

From: Randall C Grimshaw <rgrimsha () SYR EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:30:51 -0400

I am not sure how you are planning to tabulate this, but I for one would appreciate it if you would post the results
back to the list.

At Syracuse we use
Encrypted
Authenticated 802.1x   WPA2, AES, PEAP, MSCHAPv2 against radius with an AD backend.
NAC Compliance Checks using an active agent on the client where supported (Windows, [Mac]) specifically Firewall, AV,
OS updates se to auto.

We also offer unencrypted captive portal for guests, self registered using cell phone numbers, maximum 5 days.

Randy