Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:52:49 -0400

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:46:29 EDT, Pete Hickey said:

I was shocked when, 2 days ago, my son told me that he had
written some fluid dynamacs simulatrion stuff in FORTRAN.

I remember seeing a quote from the late 80's (after Fortran, Fortran II,
Fortran IV, IBM's Fortran G/H, and Fortran 77 had happened, and Fortran 90 was
on the horizon): "I don't know what language numerical simulations will be
written in in the next century, but it will be called Fortran".