Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:41:13 -0400

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:30:26 EDT, Pete Hickey said:
Note that almost everyone's online systems are different.  Their
scripts have to know how to work YOUR system.  I suspect the list
is there because at least one student provided them information
and they diddled their stuff to work with your system.

Yeah, unfortunately once the get one Banner and one PeopleSoft template
working, the incremental work to screen-scrape each instance is probably
pretty low.  I wonder what % of academia uses one of those two packages...