Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Pete Hickey <pete () SHADOWS UOTTAWA CA>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:30:26 -0400

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 05:59:19PM -0400, Cathy Hubbs wrote:
I just called and couldn't get a straight answer as to HOW our
University's name got listed on the About Us page.

Note that almost everyone's online systems are different.  Their
scripts have to know how to work YOUR system.  I suspect the list
is there because at least one student provided them information
and they diddled their stuff to work with your system.

--
Pete Hickey
The University of Ottawa           The sum of human intelligence is constant,