Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Experience outsourcing student email to Live@edu

From: Dexter Caldwell <Dexter.Caldwell () FURMAN EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:31:30 -0500

Sad to say our experience sounds the same.  I think we did this a year ago
at least.  Live@EDU was just not ready at that time.  We evaluated both,
but the project was postponed.  We are now considering Google again.

D/C
The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> writes:
Frankly we had a disaster when we tried to go to Live@edu when we
attempted it in 2006-2007.  We had to retreat, but I'm not so sure that
the application was "ready for primetime" at the time we tried it.
However, when we investigated outsourcing our email this year, we decided
upon Google and I would never look back at this point.  They made it
easy.  The integration was a cinch and I seamlessly migrated all the
existing mail from our Ipswitch IMail server.