Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mail Forwards

From: Terence Ma <Terence.Ma () TUN TOURO EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:48:04 -0800

We do not support faculty/staff requests to forward email. We do not prevent them from forwarding email. However, we
send out a reminder quarterly which states, in part ...

Faculty/Staff Personal Email Addresses

All full- and part-time employees of Touro University Nevada are provided with a University email address. This is your
official email address and is to be used for all University business.

We strongly recommend that you do NOT automatically forward email from your University address to a personal address.
The reasons are similar to the student issues: we cannot guarantee delivery of the email and protected information may
be inadvertently exposed.

Your University email address should be used for University business.

We do strongly recommend that you have a personal email address. Personal email should be sent and received through
your personal email address. A member of the Department of Information Technology will be pleased to assist you with
setting up a personal email address with a free service such as Google, Yahoo!, or Hotmail/Windows Live.

We remind you that every piece of email sent or received through your University email address is retained and archived
for five (5) years, regardless of whether or not you delete the email from your mailbox. Please see the Policy on
Handling Electronic Data (Policy 90.011) for further information.

Sincerely,

--
Terence P. Ma, Ph.D.
Chief Information Officer