Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Adware/Spyware on Mac/OS X

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 13:48:52 -0400

We rarely, if every actually see the compromised systems - we track behaviors, and I know that from help desk reports, people
have claimed that "it can't be my
machine sending out that spam ... I'm using a Mac (also, the MAC address belongs to Apple.)" I know we have captured
infected Macs, but as to what they were
infected with, I leave that to places with a better staff to machine ratio :-)

Joel