Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Confidentiality Statement: Emails

From: Kevin Shalla <kshalla () UIC EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:00:41 -0500

I'm guessing that there is absolutely no bite in any statement of
this sort, and so would just be a waste of disk space and network
bandwidth.  If you created a postcard with some confidential
information on it, then addressed it incorrectly, but had this
message in it, would the post office workers and the unintended
recipient be bound to follow its instructions?

Are there any lawyers out there who can speak to this?