Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Confidentiality Statement: Emails

From: CBELL1 <cbell1 () UIS EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:33:36 -0500

Rob,

Here are two examples of confidentiality statements used within our
university:

This e-mail, and any files attached to it, may contain privileged and
confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the
designated addressee(s), and may be legally privileged communication. If you
received this e-mail by mistake, please notify <!nsert User> immediately and
destroy all copies of this e-mail and its attachments. You are hereby
notified that any third-party dissemination or distribution of this
confidential information, or the taking of any action in reliance on its
contents, is strictly prohibited by state and federal law.

This electronic transmission and any attachments are intended for the
exclusive use for the addressee (s). only.  The information may contain
confidential and/or privileged information exempt and protected from
unauthorized disclosure under Federal and State law.  In the event some
other person or entity received this transmission, the recipient is hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
transmission or its content is not authorized and is prohibited.  If you
have received this transmission in error, please contact us immediately at
<Insert Phone_Number>, delete the file from your system, and destroy any
hard copies of this transmission.

The differences are only slight but I¹m sure that the both make their point.

Clayton

--
Clayton Bellot, CISSP
University of Illinois at Springfield