Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Conflicker/NMAP

From: "James R. Pardonek" <pardonjr () CALUMET PURDUE EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:58:38 -0500

I too am questioning the results.  I ran nmap against a system that I know was patched and got this result.

Host script results:

|  smb-check-vulns:

|  MS08-067: NOT RUN

|  Conficker: Likely CLEAN

|_ regsvc DoS: NOT RUN (add --script-args=unsafe=1 to run)

Final times for host: srtt: 0 rttvar: 3750  to: 100000

I made sure I was scanning from the same network.

James R. Pardonek, CISSP
Senior Network Administrator
Network Infrastructure Management and Maintenance
Computing Technology and Information Services
Purdue University Calumet
Hammond, Indiana