Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Conflicker/NMAP

From: Ken Connelly <Ken.Connelly () UNI EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:36:49 -0500

I hope to get my hands on a known-infected machine sometime today, but
it's owned by a student who may or may not be cooperative.  If I do,
I'll let this group know what I find with both nmap and nessus-based scans.

- ken

Consolvo, Corbett D wrote:

I realize many folks may not want to answer this, but has anyone had
many positives/infections with the released nmap scan for Conflicker?
So far we seem to be coming up clean and many other folks I’ve talked
to or emailed with have come up clean as well.  I’m just concerned
about the possibility of false negatives.  Of course, the problem may
not be particularly wide-spread except in the eyes of some media outlets.

Thanks,

Corbett Consolvo

Texas State University

--
- Ken
Ken Connelly             Associate Director, Security and Systems