Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Conflicker/NMAP

From: David Gillett <gillettdavid () FHDA EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:59:22 -0700

  I too am finding no infected machines.  But on the two occasions when
people have brought infected machines onto our network, their presence has
been pretty obvious from looking at network traffic.  Since I don't
currently see such traffic, I'm not surprised that the scan comes up clean.

  My guess is that a lot of machines might be blocking the scan -- but that
the same block may keep them from being vulnerable to infection.

  We're on Spring Break this week, so we probably won't see a lot of
carry-in machines on our network until Monday.

David Gillett