Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: What "secure" file transfer products do you use on Windows?

From: Vik Solem <vik.solem () TUFTS EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:47:53 -0500

Just this morning a colleague was telling me that he had a
considerable amount of trouble configuring sshd under cygwin.  This
was on a relatively new server, and it was a surprise to both of us
because previous installations of it were straightforward and
performed very well (on older versions of windows, I think).  It
sounded like his main problem was integrating the sshd with the
accounts in the domain.  I think sshd wanted to use the Administrator
account (or possible Administrators' accounts) for access, which was
not acceptable for the desired instalation.  I was getting coffee
during the discussion, so outside distractions and my lack of morning
caffeine contribute to me forgetting the exact details.  Please feel
free to contact me off-list if you'd like me to get more details about
it.  I am pretty sure that he got it working as desired.

-Vik

Vik Solem,     Sr. Applications Risk Consultant
Tufts University UIT
617-627-4326,     vik.solem () tufts edu