Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: What "secure" file transfer products do you use on Windows?

From: "Stanclift, Michael" <michael.stanclift () ROCKHURST EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:26:24 -0600

X2 for WinSCP

Michael Stanclift
Network Analyst
Rockhurst University

http://help.rockhurst.edu
(816) 501-4231

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Bradley,
Stephen W. Mr.
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:17 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] What "secure" file transfer products do you use on Windows?

I use WinSCP and nothing else.

Works well for me.

----- Original Message -----
From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Sent: Sun Feb 22 20:04:33 2009

I've used  WinSCP and FileZilla. Both are free. I find myself using
WinSCP a lot more, although that might just be because I'm used to it.

This article mentions a few others, but I've not tried them myself:
http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2008/042208-dr-internet.html

-Matt

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:48:55 +1300