Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: What "secure" file transfer products do you use on Windows?

From: "Jason C. Belford" <jason.belford () OIT GATECH EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:54:58 -0500

Russell,

Sorry, I need to clarify -- I'm looking for a server that allows one
to transfer files from an MS host (i.e. an ssh2 capable server).  I
know and love winscp :) but unless I have missed something it is an
sftp client, not a server.  I need to transfer files securely
between two windows servers.

I know about http://www.freesshd.com/ on the free side and
http://www.bitvise.com/winsshd?gclid=CPKJ6ovJ8ZgCFQ9JagodvBhK2A
 on the commercial (but reasonably priced ;) side, but have not
tried either - I was hoping that someone else has or has experience
with other apps.

Depending on exactly what you are trying to do, Webdrive
(http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/sharepoint_client.html
) may be of use.  Webdrive (client) will allow you to map a drive
letter on a Windows machines using to a server running FTP, SFTP,
WebDAV, Amazon S3, FTP/S or FrontPage servers.

--
Jason C. Belford
Information Security Manager