Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: recommendation for a cissp bootcamp

From: David Kovarik <david-kovarik () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:23:57 -0600

It's been some time since I last took the test (I actually made the mistake
of letting my cert lapse several years ago - a really bad move on my part).
What appears to have worked for me (and for those who followed the advice)
is to get anyone of the books that offers sample tests, then attempt to
answer all the questions.  Read the book on those areas where you need
improvement, take more sample tests, then go take the real test.  There's no
guarantees but I know of 4 (out of 4) people who passed the test using this
method.

Dave Kovarik, CISSP, CISM
Information & Systems Security/Compliance
Northwestern University
Office: (847) 467-5930