Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: recommendation for a cissp bootcamp

From: Jeff Holden <JHolden () MTSAC EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:54:21 -0800

I also can't recommend a boot camp.  Most of the training I have been
through I have found a waste of time.  I just need the book and do the
activities myself and I am good, but everyone's learning style differs.
All of the SANS courses I have been to have been good, I would go that
route if you do decide to go to training.  I personally used the ISC2
official book and also referenced the Shon Harris book.  I took the week
off and crammed before the test.  I read through the book once.  Then went
back and re-read the book and high lighting my weak areas.  Then I review
the weak areas until I felt comfortable.  I passed on the first try and
saved over a thousand dollars by not taking a class(not an issue if your
employer is paying, mine didn't).

Thanks,
Jeff Holden, CISSP, RHCE
Manager, Network & Data Security
Mt. San Antonio College
(909) 594-5611 X5017

Brad Alexander <ralexand () WELLESLEY EDU>
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
12/05/2008 12:04 PM
Please respond to
The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>

SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
cc

Subject
[SECURITY] recommendation for a cissp bootcamp

Can anyone recommend a cissp bootcamp that you felt met with your
satisfaction?

Thanks

----------------------
Wellesley College