Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall - Outbound Ports

From: Joseph Karam <jkaram () HAMILTON EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:01:27 -0500

I agree that a proper assessment should be done.  However, I also
suggest you download the NSA Router Security configuration guide.  They
have some good recommendations for what to block at a router/firewall
level.  A number of security guides are located at:

http://www.nsa.gov/snac/downloads_all.cfm

Joe