Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: pointsec vs. Guardian Edge

From: Paul DeStefano <pdestefa () WILLAMETTE EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:09:44 -0800

Hello Steve,

Good question.  This technology seems to be evolving, still.  We are
currently looking into the available solutions, also.  I'll be sure to let
you know what we decide.

We're interested in using two factor authentication for the whole disk
encryption.  So, I would like to hear if anyone else who responds is doing
that, as well.

I also just wanted to mention the product we think looks promising
and has been recommended to us:  SafeGuard from Utimaco.  Anyone with
experience using that?

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul DeStefano, WITS Network Services Consultant
Willamette University