Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: pointsec vs. Guardian Edge

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:34:27 -0600

At 03:19 PM 1/12/2007, Pettis, Frederick put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
Roger,
Do you have a link on how to setup BitLocker on a system without a TPM
1.2 chip?  The BitLocker overview on Microsoft's site shows this as a
requirement under section 2.1.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa906017.aspx#EGB

I would love to be able to test it on a system without a TPM.

I don't...I'm just getting ready to head out, otherwise I would
try to find something.  I know I have a MS whitepaper here somewhere,
and that probably has the URL you need...you're welcome to scrounge
around in my office while I'm gone.  ;-)

When I did this on an earlier beta, I'm pretty sure I didn't
have to do anything, beyond enable the Bitlocker option.

Maybe somebody else can chime in here?

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.