Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mandatory Security Training in Higher Education

From: Jeff McCabe <j-mccabe () NEO TAMU EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:23:55 -0600

Connie,

The state (Texas) has given us a considerable degree of help in this area in
that they would like all employees of the state that use IT resources to
have such training.   The first version of our training modules may be
viewed at http://infosat.tamu.edu/.  Later this month, new staff and faculty
versions will be released.  The student version (which was created solely by
students) will have a new version later in the year.  Faculty focus groups
were used for guidance in developing the faculty version.  Our intent is to
revise/update the training each year as it is annual requirement.

Kind regards,

Jeff

  _____