Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mandatory Security Training in Higher Education

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:54:35 -0500

We do have a small slice of the new employee orientation where
we can talk about security.  15 minutes, but that's better than
nothing.  We also offer various talks and seminars which are
attended, but not as well attended as I would like.  Lastly,
we also give security presentation, that last an hour or so,
to the various departments at their request.  These are usually
well attended, and I feel give the biggest bang for the buck.
They are also very time consuming since we need to bring all
our equipment, to their offices.

I do think that the word is getting out, but we still have
much work to do.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.