Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: Linda Pruss <pruss () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:45:15 -0500

I'm testing Windows Vista bitlocker technology.  It will check for tampering of boot files and encrypt the system
volume.  It prefers to work with a TPM 1.2 hardware module on the motherboard for key storage and tamper protection,
but can also work without one (minus the boot file integrity checking).

Might be worth checking into depending on when exactly you need disk encryption ...

---Linda Pruss
University of Wisconsin--Madison