Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mixed Messages about SP2

From: "Casto, Bryan J" <bryan.casto () MARSHALL EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:33:26 -0400

Bryan, for the benefit of others running Symantec with XP clients, did
you find an automated way of creating the parent server exception?

Not yet, but it's something we believe can be controlled through Group
Policy, although that's a belief founded upon Microsoft's documentation,
not practice, so YMMV :D

We're still making our way through the documentation found here:

Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with
Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4454e0e1-61fa-4
47a-bdcd-499f73a637d1&displaylang=en

Bryan J. Casto
Systems Programmer, Senior
Computing Services, Systems Group
Marshall University
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755-5320
Office: 1 (304) 696-2591
Fax: 1 (304) 696-3601
Email: bryan.casto () marshall edu

"Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo -
use in that order."
  - Ed Howdershelt