Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mixed Messages about SP2

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () UTC EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:31:36 -0400

=Casto, Bryan J wrote:

I've been using both the Cisco VPN Client v4.0.3a and Symantec AntiVirus
9.0.0.338 with Windows XP SP2 RC2 for a while now and the only real
difficulty I've run into as of yet was the Windows Firewall service
blocking the push updates from the parent Symantec Antivirus server by
default.

The Cisco VPN client generally needs to be installed first, before
anything else that hooks into the network stack.  I use McAfee Personal
Firewall and to install or update the Cisco client, you must uninstall
McAfee first, then install the VPN client, and lastly reinstall the
firewall.

Jeff