Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mixed Messages about SP2

From: Greg Francis <francis () GONZAGA EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:50:16 -0700

I can't say that I've had a tremendous amount of experience with it but it
does seem to have caused some problems for us. The two specific issues
I've run into is the remote installation of HP's OpenView OmniBack client
for backups and Citrix published applications. I can't say for sure that
the problem is caused by SP2 by I'm only seeing the problems on a SP2
machine.

I haven't encountered any problems so far with Symantec Anti-Virus, Office
2003, Outlook, or Internet Explorer. Our desktop folks are doing more
extension testing though.

Greg