Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The lack of hard questions

From: Matt <matt () use net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:41:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Charles Miller wrote:

First off, I'm not a MS hater.  I'm sure MS has security guys better

Hey Charles,

It's interesting that you have to note this in the first place.

I am noticing that people are pulling out the "anti-Microsoft" label a lot
when they want to deflate the legitimacy of what someone is saying. It's
getting really irritating. I don't know if this was a concerted effort
planned by Microsoft to induce sympathy, or what.

Last year, Luis and I actually had one of our students put in the comments
that we were anti-Microsoft. The entire code for bugreport, that we use as
a reference implementation, is written in C# for fuck's sake!

Just because people aren't wearing out their knees (and jaws) continually
worshipping at the shrine of Microsoft doesn't mean they're "against"
everything that everyone working for Microsoft has accomplished. Quite the
contrary, for me, anyways. It's when I see something good that's so
close to being great and falling short for no reason, it's just that much
more disappointing.

Really looking forward to spherical Surface and holographic displays being
purchasable soon, and a fully managed OS :)

--
tangled strands of DNA explain the way that I behave.
http://www.clock.org/~matt