Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The lack of hard questions

From: ergosum <ergosum () neurosecurity com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:05:13 +0200

On Thursday 28 August 2008 00:43:43 Charles Miller wrote:
But the problem is, if there are only a handful of people who can make
a reliable exploit for a particular vulnerability (or not) and none of
them work for MS, how can MS accurately determine whether an exploit
for a particular vulnerability will be somewhat reliable or totally
reliable (or not possible at all)?  Doesn't anyone remember gobbles :)

Charles, no ofense, but the MS Security team has several members who can make
reliable exploits, probably much better than many "security experts". So,
don't take for granted that MS is full of crap because that shows your lack
of knowledge about them.