Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Britney and Kevin are Chaotic

From: dan () geer org
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 23:53:30 -0400

Acknowledging that this is commercial speech,
I am convinced that security has to be about
data because only data (bits) have value, that
the threats to that value are at the point of
use where a state-change between at-rest and
in-motion occurs, and that to be present at
the point of use your security regime must be
host-based.  Bowing deeply to wisdom of our
elders, the answer is a reference monitor
or something like it, and, in the sense of
putting my money where my mouth is, that is
precisely my/our analysis and my/our product
here at Verdasys.[1]

--dan

[1]
http://www.verdasys.com/pdfs/SecurePOS.pdf?x=homepage