Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Britney and Kevin are Chaotic

From: "El Nahual" <nahual () g-con org>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:02:31 -0500

As soon as attacker tries to execute the BDs problem arises, se46 is right
on kernel, pull it down kernel goes with it, so no binaries can actually run
at all without the signature (a sha-1 signature with revocation on line)

I know that if you probably get stuck with lets say syscall proxy, hey it
doesn't touch the HD CIS cant stop it, as soon as you DL shit you have a
problem since you have to exec(), no exec for unsigned binaries you would
have to patch a memory segment and have it run by a jmp (we check threads
too)

Windows policies restriccions do it by binary and path, we do it by changes
so if you patch a DLL, DLL becomes unsuable and if its ring0 your puter is
going down or at least you get an email...

What ya think? Works or we missing something?

//Nahual