Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Britney and Kevin are Chaotic

From: Ian Melven <ian.melven () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:49:01 -0700

Then again writing filters to filter on security tools is some sort of
semi-narcissistic self-indulgent waste of time that I'm not thrilled any
vendor would charge money to deliver.  Make the damn dog bark when the
bad guys are around, not when the dog trainer is around.

what happens when the bad guys are using said security tools ?

we all know there's a leaked old version of CANVAS floating around the
interweb. dave has mentioned it several times.

i'm not really arguing it's a good or useful or productive thing to
create signatures to detect/filter on security tools, just making the
point, you know ?

ian