Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DDoS protection

From: "Hartley, Christopher J." <hartley.87 () osu edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 14:47:50 +0000

This is a little confusing; “cloud”, “on-premise” etc… weird.

By “Cloud,” it seem like we mean “by provider” (makes sense).

On-premise is the best way to detect an attack imo, since the victim network knows what’s good and what’s not (or
should….).

So I think the best solution involves some kind of remote blackhole or ideally, perhaps flowspec.

I don’t think it’s a problem that requires spending significant money.

Chris