Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Re: DDoS protection

From: kartik.netsec () gmail com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:14:39 GMT

Guys, thanks a lot for your replies. I appreciate that.

When I say small Org, I meant geographically and the number of employees within the Org. The turnover is humongous. As
I said in the earlier posts, a delay/ latency in a millisecond counts when transactions take place (transactions =
bread & butter of the Org).

With the replies that I got so far suggests (well, what I understood so far)that having an In-House Anti-DDoS appliance
isn't going to provide an edge and there is little we can do on the box when the attack actually happens. The boxes at
ISP level are more robust and can handle the situation at their level.

Am I missing any point (technical) here? Is there anything wherein ISP may fail and if the attack should happen we are
in position to handle it at the next layer? We do not have a budget constrain, provided we have a solid justification
on why an in-house mechanism for DDoS protection.

Thanks,
KT

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1