Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: When IT Manager breaks rules

From: "April Carson" <ACarson () HNTB com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:09:35 -0500

Although I cannot site specifics from the law, I know there is something
in SOX compliance guidelines that have to do with account creation
workflows that you could use to create your case.

We are fortunate as we have Oracle. HR keys in the data, it generates an
email to us indicating a batch file ran and created the account in AD,
when we get the go ahead from the Division Admin we enable the account.
HR backs this up, as does the technology.

I hope this helped some.