Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: newbie question

From: "Robert D. Holtz - Lists" <robert.d.holtz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 19:10:47 -0500

If your communication really has to be private you can always send an
encrypted attachment via gmail.  Just put what you want to say in the
attachment.

Since you're the one encrypting the attachment you can go nuts with the
encryption method and its' key length. A 1K key will keep most brute force
attacks busy for awhile.

Using SSL to push you attachment through gmail you should be able to at
least make it very difficult to decrypt and read.