Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: newbie question

From: <Muiex () gmx net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 01:04:15 +0300

In my opinion you should use steganographic software . This kind of
appliances allows you to hide files in another "normal" files called
carriers. The carriers are BMP, WAV, JPG, JPEG files and your data is hidden
inside them and encrypted with 256 bit AES encryption algoritm. The carrier
file acts normal when it is accesed by anybody ( the music file plays in
Winamp as usual , for example) and nothing reveals the fact that something
is hidden inside. Only you and your friends would know that the picture
Exotic_Flower_20.jpg is in fact a carrier file and contains encrypted word
documents and other stuff. In my opinion it is more important to avoid
making the authorities from your country suspicious related to you and your
activities and I am sure that persons who use encrypted mails are on their
blacklist with the indication of an increased surveillance ( of all types) .
I live in an Ex-communist and Ex-dictatorial country and I know what I'm
saying related to the fact that in some countries normal and decent people
are handled as potentially future terrorists and criminals .
 I use Steganos Security Suite and their homepage is www.steganos.com. Good
luck and my respects to all members of the list. Regards

----- Original Message ----- From: "javier rojas" <javier.rojasr () gmail com>