Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Trend Micro AV

From: Aaron Phillips <aaronwphillips () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:36:30 -0500

   I don't have much experience with Trend Micro on the server side, but on
the client side I would have no second thoughts about deploying it. I
recently started consulting for an organization that's used it exclusively as
the desktop protection on 150 workstations. The virus protection is as good
as anyone else's (Works great when updated, like sh*t when not) and the
firewall is easily to configure or shut off. In addition, Trend Micro now
owns anti-spyware products like CWShredder and appears to be doing a good job
at integrating spyware detection and cleaning into its' sweeps.