Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Trend Micro AV

From: jeff () securityfocus com, yahoo () securityfocus com, com () securityfocus com
Date: 23 Jan 2006 20:16:30 -0000

I can only relate to having used their AV for SMTP and would not use it again.  Not that the product itself was bad,
but like most IT companies these days, their support was lacking.  The tech support person wanted me to FTP a 300MB log
file to them.  When I said that I would RAR or ZIP it and then send it, I was told that they could not accept either of
those forms.

If you feel like you will never need their support, or can get above level 1 support right away, the software is not
too bad.

BTW, we had a paid, premium support contract for this.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus