Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Trend Micro AV

From: Carl Wilson <chwilson0607 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:58:29 -0800 (PST)

Pankaj,

My employer uses a combination of three Trend Micro
products - Officescan, Scanmail for MS Exchange, and
Control Manager. Officescan is the main AV product
that is used for both servers and clients. Scanmail is
the AV product used to protect Exchange information
store and mailboxes. Control Manager is an
administrative console that allows you to control
everything from one console.

We've been pretty happy with the ability of Officescan
to detect and remove malware. Our previous product,
InoculateIT from Computer Associates, did not seem to
have any built in antispyware features - Officescan
does. It detects the standard array of malware -
viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, etc. Our set up is 1
Officescan server in each location with Control
Manager in one central location.

Carl

--- bhartiap () gmail com wrote:

Hello,

we are evaluating Trend Micro AV  (NS-2) for our
organization. We have 3 servers (1 linux + 2 Win x)
and more  than 80 users over a WAN.

I have no recollection of anybody talking about
Trend Micro AV in this list.
Can anybody give me feedback on this product. We
want AV on server and client, with automatic pushing
of updates by the server to client.

Also, which is advisable, online AV scanning
vis-a-vis periodic scheduled scanning.

thanks and regards
Pankaj

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE -
ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled
Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched
consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals
with degree
customizations including Emergency Management,
Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital
Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus