Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Opinion about CEH

From: "Payton, Zack" <Zack.Payton () MWAA com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 13:55:04 -0400

I think that concepts are nice however the exam wanted to know a great
deal about things like command line switches used in ettercap, and nmap,
and novell password crackers....   Things that are a waste of headspace
in my opinion.  They spent a lot more time covering the tools rather
than the concepts (which were technically varies from Heap/Buffer
overflow to XSS, to SQL injection, to blind spoofing).  It's a good
class if you didn't have to cram it into 40 hours or something like
that.   The test wasn't all that diffficult.  Someone who could pass one
of the SANS exams with a little study up on all the tools that are
covered in the CEH would pass with flying colors.
Just my 2c.