Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Opinion about CEH

From: "Jason" <securitux () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:21:45 -0400

The CISSP dazzles the management eyes, for sure, but its not that great. It
is more of a management type exam, FAR from technical or detail oriented.
Very different from the CEH or most GIAC certs. I am doing it now and am not
learning much, that's for sure. When I started in security, I already knew
what a lock was for :)

Of all the certs in the industry, I prefer the SANS GIAC certs. At least
when they were making you do practicals.

-J