Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Messager Question.

From: Steve Hillier <securityfocus () mastermindtoys com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:20:12 -0500

On 12/06/2005 12:49 p, Louie wrote:
Hello all,

Its been a while since I posted something. I have a question that I need help with. We are a Novell shop going to
move to MS (I know it's bad) ... Right now we are using Novells Groupwise messager for internal use. It does not
connect out side out network at all. Since we are moving to MS is there other messager that we could use for internal
use only that will  not connect out side the network. Something secure plus also be able to log conversations.

Thank you.

--Louie

Alt-N MDaemon for Windows has an integrated instant messaging client
that can centrally log all conversations. It also can take care the
functions that a GroupWise/Exchange server would ordinarily do.

sph