Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Messager Question.

From: Steven Kalcevich <lists () ciscokid net>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:32:48 -0500

Hi there,

I use Jabber

Exodus for the client and jive messenger for server end. you can log converations and use ssl.

Regards

Steve

Robert J. Stull wrote:

First off I wish to give my condolences for going to a microsoft
environment. You may want to look into sametime from IBM, it works rather
well.

R. James Stull
Network Administrator
Caterpillar, Lafayette Engine Center
Phone - 765.448.2356
Email - stullrj () cat com

Louie <tech.louie@veriz on.net> To 12/06/2005 12:49 To PM security-basics () securityfocus com cc Please respond to tech.louie@verizo n.net Subject Messager Question.

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 01/06/2006
                                               Retention Category:  G90 -
                                               General
                                               Matters/Administration

Hello all,

Its been a while since I posted something. I have a question that I need
help with. We are a Novell shop going to move to MS (I know it's bad) ...
Right now we are using Novells Groupwise messager for internal use. It does
not connect out side out network at all. Since we are moving to MS is there
other messager that we could use for internal use only that will  not
connect out side the network. Something secure plus also be able to log
conversations.

Thank you.

--Louie