Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Messager Question.

From: "Gaddis, Jeremy L." <jeremy () linuxwiz net>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:08:01 -0500

Louie wrote:
Its been a while since I posted something. I have a question that I need help with. We are a Novell shop going to move to MS (I know it's bad) ... Right now we are using Novells Groupwise messager for internal use. It does not connect out side out network at all. Since we are moving to MS is there other messager that we could use for internal use only that will not connect out side the network. Something secure plus also be able to log conversations.

You can implement a Jabber server (Jabber is an open protocol) or, if you enjoy locking into yourself into proprietary technologies, you may wish to look into Microsoft's Live Communications Server[1].

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/office/livecomm/prodinfo/default.mspx

-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, GCWN