Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Messager Question.

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:05:17 -0500

Check out Jive-Messenger.  It's OpenSource and allows for LDAP
Authentication.  Easy to configure those accounts that are allowed
access to connect.  The biggest problem is choosing your Jabber Client.
There are so many out there, GAIM, EXODUS, MIRANDA etc... But after
trying them all, I decided that Pandion is a good solution for us.  It's
still a work in progress, but it is coming along nicely.  Check it out
for yourself:  http://www.pandion.be/

Additionally, you can invest in 2 other MS Proprietary options:  MS
Exchange 2000 which includes its own Messaging server for Windows
Messenger 5.x OR there is MS Live Communications Server which is
necessary if you go with Exchange 2003 as the Messaging server has been
removed from Exchange with the release of 2003.

Good Luck...(and moving to MS.. Not so bad).

Kind Regards,

JMB