Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: A reminder that security is not inherently solvable with technology

From: "John T. Hoffoss" <hoff0438 () umn edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:14:24 -0600

The ACM also provides a similar service.

I think this could be a useful thing in the IT sector if both employers
and registered IT people gave it some weight. I don't think this would
ever be able to carry that much weight though; there are too many hacks
who call themselves IT pros, and it would cost money to build up a
registry, test them, whatever. [I think] The only reason such a thing
exists in the medical industry, engineering industries, etc. is that these
people need licenses (permission) to perform in their jobs. We do not
(currently.)

-John