Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: hunt tool

From: Toyama no Benbei <toyamanobenbei2003 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

From the Sniffit-FAQ page
(http://reptile.rug.ac.be/~coder/sniffit/sniffit-FAQ.html)

2. I can only see packets to/from my own computer,
what is wrong? (BTW: I'm on PPP)

   PPP: Point to Point connection.
   Per defenition, this protocol will only carry
packets that contain information for the connected
computer. As a consequence on your side, you see only
things that got to/come from your computer, so Sniffit
works fine.
   To see traffic of whole subnets, you need protocols
like ethernet (the coax cable).

=====
Live in your world. Die in mine.