Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Terminal Services over VPN

From: Paul Farag <paul () farag ws>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:54:30 -0700

If i recall correctly, TS uses something like 128-bit encryption. However, since I know nothing about the encryption method, nor do I trust Microsoft's security reputation whatsoever, I tunnel my TS connections through SSH. You'd have to use something like WinSSHD if it's a Windows server though, as I don't know of any free SSH servers for Windows. My connection point to every network I work on is a Linux box from which I can SSH anywhere I want inside the network. SSH is my best friend...until an exploit is found... =)